Tuesday, November 1, 2022

November Council events

Good evening brothers,


I hope you have had a chance to relax and enjoy this beautiful weather with family and friends.  You will find a tentative schedule of events that are coming up.  If you know of an event that I did not mention, please let me know.

First, THANK YOU to those who helped with...
     October coffee and donuts
     Dan Poirier for his presentation at the 4th degree social
      5th Sunday
      K of C Fish Fry (Oct 14) and the TLC fish fry (Oct 28)

November Events:
11/2  Memorial mass for Knights and auxiliary members.  If you know of a Knight that is deceased and would like to be remembered at this mass, please email me their name and council number.  The mass will be at Saint Joseph church in Springfield on Wednesday, November 3 at 6:30.

11/5  Peggy Carnahan needs the Knights to help to move furniture, because the contractors start work on Monday, Nov. 7. She will make a sizable donation to the Knights for our help, so her husband Bob doesn't have to do any heavy lifting. 
Basically, heavy furniture and boxes need to be moved from one end of their house to the other. We will need several dollys to roll the boxes and furniture. I have a small one and the church has two we can borrow. 
I think six or so guys would be enough to get the job done. I suggest we meet at her place at 9am on Saturday. Their address is 442 Hickory Hill Dr, Marshfield, MO, which is about 7.2 miles south of Marshfield on Highway A, or 0.3 miles south of the James River bridge to their ½ mile long driveway on the west side of the road.   Please email me if you are available to assist in this event.

11/6  Membership drive.  (John Tieskotter made a nice presentation at Saturday's mass about becoming a member.)

11/8  Mass at 6:00 and our meeting will be in the BASEMENT due to voting at the parish hall.  Our meeting will begin at 7:00

11/11  Thank a veteran, it's Veterans Day.  

11/12  Coats 4 Kids.  Distribution will be 2-4.  Setup for the event will begin 12:30


I can not express how much I appreciate all that you do as a council, as individuals and all the untold/unsaid deeds you do, thank you!

Remember, if you would like for me to add a name to my rosary prayer list, please email me.  Take care and have a great week!

YBiC,

Gary



No comments:

Post a Comment

Knights working together..May 2024

 Bro John Tieskotter (10877) and Dan Poirier (9170) work to help a fellow Knight  finish building a Goat Enclosure in Macomb

Total Pageviews